Friday 9 September 2011

Old and New

I wanted to continue on the subject of interiors, particularly looking at old and new and how they fit together in the home.

I love to mix both but have been researching to see what the tricks are – if there are any – for getting it right.

Tips that I picked up along the way:

1. Contemporary fabric on a traditional/vintage chair, matching it with colours from your modern sofa helps it blend into your lounge.
2. Be practical - don't pick pieces of antique furniture that just don't suit your home, like a sophisticated polished antique table in a family home/kitchen.
3. An old wooden kitchen/dining table with some new modern chairs or even better, mismatched chairs.
4. Paint old furniture to bring it up to date and fit with the rest of your home
5. Add some vintage glamour without spending too much with vases, lamps and mirrors.

I love the idea of taking something old and changing its use; a suitcase as a coffee table, old wooden crates as side tables – so many projects and not enough time!!!

Check out my Pinterest account by clicking on the P with a red box around it for lots of images of interiors that have inspired me and my work.

Love Lemon x

No comments:

Post a Comment