Wednesday 7 September 2011

Home Sweet Home

A lot of things I see everyday inspire me and my own creations. I love vintage handbags and gorgeous shoes and I like big chunky knit cardigans (you can tell the winter is approaching!) and pretty vintage brooches.

One of the things that inspires me most is my home. It is extremely important to me for many reasons. Not just a place where my family hang out but a place to surround myself with things that make me feel comfortable and happy.

I have a love for vintage things, from jewellery to furniture. I have a practical family home but I also love to fill it with beautiful pieces, things that are shaped a certain way or a colour that inspires. I like to display the vases, mirrors, pictures and ornaments that I have bought from various places. Of course like many households I have my fair share of Ikea but I like to make a room individual with the colours, fabrics and pictures I choose and also add pieces of furniture I have rescued or bought second hand.

A few of my favourite things....
1. A tile with a colourful painting of the sand dunes in Brazil - painted in front of me and my husband on our honeymoon
2. My vintage style Marmite pot my mum bought me
3. My G-plan teak sideboard bought on ebay
4. My vintage tea set with the most gorgeous purple and turquoise flower pattern I bought in a charity shop
5. My new Orla Kiely butter dish - a new design but very retro looking

"If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."
William Morris

See photo for my latest find from a charity shop.

Love Lemon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment